Barton Geger, SJ, and the Seminar of Studies in the Spirituality of Jesuits host the second annual Faber Symposium from June 16-18 at Our Lady of Angels Mission in Chicago, Illinois.
In keeping with the efforts of George Ganss, John Sheets, Martin Palmer, and David Fleming to heed the Second Vatican Council’s call to engage in aggiornamento (the rediscovery of the Jesuits’ original charism), the Faber Symposium seeks to “cultivate a new generation of Jesuit writers.” Presenters receive feedback on current projects (dissertations, theses, and articles for publication).
Announced attendees at the Faber Symposium II include:
- John Padberg, SJ, historian and writer, former chair of the Institute of Jesuit Sources in St. Louis, Missouri, and editor of the 1996 English edition of the Jesuit Constitutions.
- André Brouillette, SJ, assistant professor of spiritual and systematic theology at Boston College, specialist in Jesuit studies.
- Michael Harter, SJ, current member of the Seminar of Studies in the Spirituality of Jesuits, editor of the popular Hearts on Fire: Praying with Jesuits (1993, 2005).
- Guy Consolmagno, SJ, director of Vatican observatory, writer, and current member of the Seminar of Studies in the Spirituality of Jesuits.
- Barton Geger, SJ, chair of the Seminar and editor of Studies in the Spirituality of Jesuits.
The call for papers for Faber Symposium II can be
found here. To learn more about this annual event, please contact Barton Geger, of Studies in the Spirituality of Jesuits at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
For free, searchable access to past issues of Studies in the Spirituality of Jesuits, please visit the Jesuit Online Library.